Why are we not doing something about this? Has our virtual world become so integrated with our actual world that we don't feel the emotions that I'm feeling when I hear yet another story of some very unhappy and broke children in America?
Since my last post of February 28th about 9 ways how a teen can be a positive influence in their world, following the Florida high school tragedy, I've learned about 7 new cases of tragic incidents that have happened to schools in our country.
- Santa Fe, Texas high school shooting
- Noblesville, Indiana middle school shooting
- Former student from Torrey Pines High School in Del Mar (an affluent school district in Southern California) threat to bring in weapons to his h.s. alma mater
- and in another very affluent district in Northern California:
- 1 5th grader suicide
- 1 9th grader possible suicide (still under investigation)
- 1 9th grader threat to carry out plans for a Columbine 2.0
- 1 2nd grader threat to bring in a gun
And these are just stories that I happened to hear about either through news feed or radio. And the last one from a relative whom I happened to call this week. Her children live and go to that school district.
AND… these incidents ALL happened in just one month, the month of MAY. Which ironically, happens to be Mental Health Awareness month, and has been since 1949 in this country.
Now you may see this as just a big coincidence, but not me. Since I've been a Create Balance Life Coach, and have brought in the integrative wellness piece into our practice, I've applied everything I've learned and more into my own life. Since then, I've had such clarity in everything that I do and that the universe brings to us, it actually frightens me a little sometimes.
Our children are crying out for help. They are trying to get our attention to really, truly listen to them. We've become such a zombie like society with a pocket size TV glued to our eyes almost 24x7, we've been cultivating a social environment that is not natural for us humans.
Did you know that now is the first time ever where babies are learning how to use a smart